Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Whisper Is Getting Louder And Louder

I've been feeling a tugging lately to do something...something along the lines of missions. I've been trying to figure out if it is just a passing fancy or if God is actually calling me to take a radical turn in my life. Some of you are probably thinking, "Grace? Going on a missions? Of all people?" Believe me, I was the first one to say, "Nahhh, no way. Me? On a mission? Crazy and out-of-control ex-non practicing Christian like me? I've been encountering a lot of "serving" and "outreach" messages lately, whether it be from church, books or TV. I'm not sure if God is really trying to tell me something. I have going on a mission some thought and about where and how I want to serve. I feel ready to take on the challenge...I think. But I don't know if God thinks I'm ready. I'm at a cross road right now. To the left is a career path, the other is a mission path. Which path I will be on will be revealed to me within the next 4 or 5 month. I will pray about it and I'm ready to travel down whichever path God send me on. I feel that going on a mission, be it short-term or long-term, will happen sometime in my lifetime. The timing will be up to God to determine. It's a very comforting feeling to not really know where and what I will be doing in 2008 but at the same time not feeling lost and confused because I've put my trust in God. I am beginning to truly understand what it means to have peace in God. Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks.

No comments: